Directions to Boathouse
The boathouse is in Lincoln and is most easily reached from Rt. 128
From the South: Take exit 26 from Rt. 128 (which is the Rt. 20 exit) and follow signs to Rt. 117 West. Keep following Rt. 117 signs West. From the crossover at Rt. 128 on Rt. 117, it is 3.8 miles to the junction of Rt. 117 and Old Sudbury Rd. Turn left on Old Sudbury Rd. (you will immediately crossover a railroad track) and proceed 0.7 miles to the boathouse driveway on the right. The boathouse, hidden by trees, is a few yards on the left.
From the North: Take exit 48 from Rt. 128 (which is the exit for Rt. 2). Go west until you come to the 3rd traffic light. Turn left onto Rt. 126 and go 3.3 miles. Turn left onto Waltham Rd. At ~0.65 miles turn left into the boathouse driveway. The boathouse, hidden by trees, is a few yards on the left.
Directions to White Pond
From the Boathouse: Take a right out of the driveway. Turn right onto Rt. 126. Proceed to Rt. 117 and take a left . At Nine Acre Corner turn right. Take a left onto Powder Mill Road. Take the next left onto Plainfield Rd. Look for the gate to White Pond (first right).
Instructions for Boathouse Use
Please respect the neighbors privacy, they do not have any information on the runnings of the boathouse. Be quiet. Do not use the boathouse after 9 pm.
- Open the boathouse using the weeks code (TBA). The letters correspond to numbers according to the telephone dial!!
- Above the door is a light switch on a timer!
- Only take a boat that has been assigned to you. Pick out appropriate paddle, spare paddle (for canoes), pfd, and helmet. Be sure to take airbags. For kayaks, take a sprayskirt and hip pads.
- Fill out a sign-out sheet, listing your boat, PFD, helmet, and paddle number. Place it in the ‘out’ bin and when returned in the ‘in’ bin. Boat rental rate is $20/day or $10/pond session. River trips and instructions: pay your trip leader. Pond socials: leave money in money box.
- Lock up the boathouse before leaving, making sure the combo is set to 0000.